Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New Age of Optical Shopping

It's pretty well known I am a huge fan of online shopping. Clothing, bike parts, and especially shoes! Just a few items I roam the inter-web for to stave off boredom. So when I heard about an online eyeglass site that also participates in an at home try on program. Sign me up! Warby Parker is a company which produces some pretty trendy specs at affordable prices. They offer their customers the ability to choose five frames to try on at home for five days, for free. Pretty cool concept. The delivery was quick and my trial began. The glasses were of solid structure and they all fit the dark frame trendy look. I chose a variety of colors and shapes. Being a mass produced frame they come as standard sizes according to however the manufacturer deems best. I found this to be a flaw in product design. There were a couple pair that I was truly fond of, but the fit was off. Some too snug, others the arms were not long enough. After a closer look on the website they do give each of the frame's dimensions, but this is very limiting to the customer. It requires an individual to find the exact pair that fit their face, but it may not be a style that appeals to the customer. Unfortunately no new glasses are in my future.    


1 comment:

  1. What a concept. I think it would be hard to buy that way though, mine always have to be measured and adjustments made. Kind of cool!

    ReplyDelete