Friday, May 18, 2012

I'm on a Boat

On the second day of my existence, in Charleston, I opened a bank account.  The account manager and I made small talk. It was a one sided conversion bordering an interview.  He bounced well rehearsed questions at me as I eagerly poured out the new life I sought. Occasionally he would interrupt my ramblings to find out my social security number or what my four digit pin were to be. I'm sure my life story was the first of many that would filter through one ear and out the other that day. Another eager warm weather seeking midwesterner. Just after I signed the last document he shook my hand and inquired, "Do you really want to enjoy Charleston?" I remember not responding but forming a half grin on my confused face. "Find a friend that owns a boat." 
Five years later it has happened and now he's wants to sell it! Don't ruin my summer.
  
Every day could look like this.   


Skurfing(Surf/Skiing) in the Harbor..


 Shrimp boats and dolphins at play..



 Hit the dock in time for happy hour at Red's.








No comments:

Post a Comment