Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Some Days We Climb Things



My friend Hayden has introduced to a pretty sweet wall. This 50 foot beast, on the grounds of James Island County Park, has provided some fun times. I was a little hesitant to ride out there with him to check it out. Nothing about climbing has ever interested me. I've met a few people down here who are obsessive about this wall and I'm a little disappointed in myself for not giving it a chance years ago. After our first trip I was hooked. I've enjoyed not only the physical challenges it presents but also the mental. It's like figuring out a puzzle. Each individual may conquer certain routes in a manner they choose by using different techniques. The satisfaction once you reach the top is also a nice feeling. Not to mention the little rush when dangling five stories in the air. Hopefully I am able to continue this new found sport and some day challenge some of nature's rocks.     

1 comment:

  1. Nice, looks like it would be puzzle to figure out, fun!

    ReplyDelete