Monday, January 31, 2011

The Hood Food Lion!


I regularly shop at the Food Lion near my house. It is always an experience and I thoroughly enjoy taking newcomers to Charleston on a shopping trip here. On a typical day you will encounter countless forms of entertainment or frustration, depending on your mood.  Zombie-like crackheads aimlessly loiter out front and are never afraid to ask for spare change. Some even give spiritual advice. Since I do not attend church regularly (or at all) giving donations to these individuals gives me a strange sense of fulfillment. Efficient checkout lines are a rare occurrence and I feel cheated of my experience when I do not have to wait fifteen minutes behind a handful of food stamps. Produce selection may be the worst in the country, cheese always seems to be hours away from sprouting mold, and deli meats have a unique glazed petrified look. Please refer to this picture, which will forever crack me up, and the wall of natural light they keep in stock, then refer to your local grocer and you will probably count the "natty light" inventory on one hand. I do shop here often and most days more than once, but I sure can not wait for the farmers market to open back up!

1 comment:

  1. Natural Light must be the southern Busch ha! Mickey would be all over the huge stock!

    ReplyDelete