Monday, November 7, 2011

It's Moustache Season!

And Happy Movember to you to! What is Movember you ask? Well..obviously it's the month formerly known as November, with a twist. You see October is a month cluttered with breast cancer awareness and everything pink. Now it's the gentleman's turn to raise awareness for the often ignored issues they face, particularly prostate cancer. What better way to do it than to sprout some unsightly hair on their upper lip, thus becoming walking billboards. This creates conversation and in turn spreads awareness of the issues. Last year I attempted this month long challenge but fell short due to the pure awfulness and really no support. This year though I'm all in. I joined a team with one of the bar "regulars" and we are hosting an event next weekend to promote Movember. I know this Movember phenomenon blew up here last year, so I assume it will be even bigger this year. All funds raised during the month throughout the world are put towards the Prostate Cancer Foundation and LIVESTRONG. What's even better about Movember is the are no stupid 5k's every weekend. It's definitely an alcohol driven fundraiser with events held each weekend at different bars. I will keep you updated on my growth (or lack there of) and let you know how it effects my daily activities. For example.. being within a certain distance of small children. So here's to hoping the cats don't sneak in my room a lick off my moustache while I'm sleeping. Cheers to Movember!    

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you with a mustache lol! I heard of this last year when one of our dad's at school, Patrick Dillon, sprouted a mustache and I asked him about it. Neat concept!

    ReplyDelete